Monday 22 October 2007

Rule number one

I cocked something up this morning. I've been rebuilding an important background system which handles time sensitive data. This morning it did an update, but I'd been so busy thinking about the complicated data processing bit that I forgot to update the part that puts the data on to the website. It was quickly mended, but it was a stupid mistake to make.

Here's todays lesson. It doesn't matter how much work you put in behind the scenes. If the bit that everyone see's is broken then you're stuffed.

That's applies to everything, particularly comedy. I love performing, but I'm a background system kind of a guy. I often forget to update the bit that everyone see's. The simple bits, like learning material, talking at a speed that everyone can hear, getting the words right. That bit bores me. It seems trivial in the face of everything else, so I let it slide.

Stupid, stupid boy.

No comments: